As a Spiritual Humanist Minister, I provide progressive spiritual counseling, non-violence education, and services such as weddings, love covenants, passages (coming of age, funerals, bereavement counseling).
Spiritual Humanism believes that love is the greatest and most
import thing in life. They believe that love can heal all things and
bring piece to a troubled world. Love is the greatest and most
important spirituality there is.
We assert that humanism will:
I. affirm life rather than deny it;
II. seek to elicit the possibilities of life, not flee from them;
III. endeavor to establish the conditions of a satisfactory life for
all, not merely for the few.
By this positive morale and intention humanism will be guided, and
from this perspective and alignment the techniques and efforts of
humanism will flow.
So stand the theses of spiritual humanism. Though we consider the
religious forms and ideas of our fathers no longer adequate, the quest
for the good life is still the central task for mankind. Man is at
last becoming aware that he alone is responsible for the realization
of the world of his dreams, that he has within himself the power for
its achievement. He must set intelligence and will to the task, and he
must love all others that share this great universe with him.
From the Spiritual Humanist Manifesto.
To strive to be a global family is the highest spiritual practice we can do for each other on the local level. We seek to nurture an informed 'faith' in non-violently resolving conflict, nurturing friendship with all of the natural order, resolving by thought and action to transform strife into co-operation, poverty into well being, and injustice into social equity.
What we seek is truth. Truth is a force, as Mohandas Gandhi would promote. The truth force (satyagraha) can be a core teaching and practice for us and a common ground for living. A second core teaching is ahimsa, or pledging to do 'no harm'. A third core teaching is the sarvodaya or constructive program. Providing the means to reconstruct society through truth, equity and self sufficiency.
- The inherent 'sacredness' of all living things.
- The highest evolutionary stage of humanity includes understanding, compassion and non-violence.
- We must reject war and violence as the means of resolving conflict.
- There are rundamentary human rights to be abided by as spelled out in the U.N. Declaration of Human Rights and other documents, and which can be promoted in each national and local community.
- We can embrace reason and logic while cultivating intuition and passion as natural parts of being human.
- We must reject religious intolerance, racism, violence of all forms, sexism, homophobia, classism and all manner of economic injustice and oppression.
For more information on me, my ministry and spiritual humanism, go www.cyberbsolutions,net